Hi, welcome to our recipe blog site. Below you can get an overview on exactly how to make extremely tasty Cottage Pie Topped with Scalloped Potato Gratin dishes. The production process is very easy, you simply need to comply with the techniques that we have written on this page. The following are the phases of just how to prepare Cottage Pie Topped with Scalloped Potato Gratin. Please comply with the instructions well.
This recipe for Cottage Pie Topped with Scalloped Potato Gratin is a modern variation of classic shepherd’s pie that has a cheesy topping of scalloped potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 pound Ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2 carrots chopped small
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- A good handful of fresh parsley chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE POTATOES:
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves thinly slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan
- Cups – Metric
- Heat the oil in a hot frying pan and add the beef. Stir over a high heat until golden-brown. Using a colander, drain and fat or liquid from the meat and return it to the pan. Sprinkle the flour over the meat and coat well. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions, celery and carrots to the pan and fry until beginning to soften. Return the beef to the pan.
- Add the stock & soy sauce to the pan, mix well to avoid any lumps. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened, then add the mushrooms and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the mince is tender.
- Get more instructions >> Click Here
Thank you for visiting our blog. With any luck the directions for making Cottage Pie Topped with Scalloped Potato Gratin recipes above can be beneficial for you. And do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, and also share it with all your good friends.