The production process is very simple, you simply require to comply with the approaches that we have composed on this web page. The following are the phases of just how to cook Cottage Pie Topped with Scalloped Potato Gratin Recipe.
1 tablespoon oil
2 lb Ground beef
1 large onion chopped
3 celery stalks diced
2 carrots chopped small
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon soy sauce
A good handful of fresh parsley chopped
8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE POTATOES:
1 tablespoon flour
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 garlic cloves thinly slices
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 lbs russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 oz cheddar cheese grated
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat the oil in a hot frying pan and add the beef. Stir over a high heat until golden-brown. Using a colander, drain and fat or liquid from the meat and return it to the pan. Sprinkle the flour over the meat and coat well. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions, celery and carrots to the pan and fry until beginning to soften. Return the beef to the pan.
- Add the stock & soy sauce to the pan, mix well to avoid any lumps. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened, then add the mushrooms and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the mince is tender.
- Boil the potato slices in salted water for about 4-5 minutes or until they start to soften. Drain them carefully into a colander and leave to cool.
- Pour the beef mixture into a shallow casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 425f/220C.
- Arrange a layer of the blanched potato on top of the beef mixture.
- Thoroughly mix the flour into the cream (being sure not to leave any lumps)
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream garlic, nutmeg and some salt and pepper.
- bring to a simmer and allow to thicken.
- Pour half of the cream mixture over the first layer of potatoes already in the pan. Arrange the remaining potatoes on top, seasoning between the layers. Pour over the remaining cream and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden-brown.
Original recipe visit: Cottage Pie Topped with Scalloped Potato Gratin @ errenskitchen.com
Thank you for seeing our blog site. With any luck the instructions for making Cottage Pie Topped with Scalloped Potato Gratin Recipe recipes over can be valuable for you. And also do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, and share it with all your friends.