Hello, welcome to our recipe blog site. Here you can obtain a guide on exactly how to make extremely yummy Copycat Panera Squash Soup dishes. The manufacturing procedure is very simple, you simply need to follow the methods that we have actually composed on this page. The complying with are the phases of just how to prepare Copycat Panera Squash Soup. Please follow the guidelines well.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced (about 3/4 cup)
2 pounds chopped butternut squash (about 6 heaping cups)
3 small carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
3-4 cups vegetable broth
2 cups apple cider or apple juice (do NOT use apple cider vinegar)
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons butter
2 ounces low-fat (neufchatel) cream cheese
1 tablespoon brown sugar, more to taste
salt to taste
heavy cream, optional
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add squash, carrots, vegetable broth, apple cider and spices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until squash and carrots are soft. Remove from heat and add pumpkin puree, butter, cream cheese and brown sugar. Puree with a hand (stick) blender or in batches in a normal blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Taste soup and add salt as desired. You may also add extra brown sugar or honey to achieve a taste closer that of Panera’s. You can also add a little heavy cream if you want a more decadent soup. If desired, add more vegetable broth to thin soup.
- Return to burner over medium-low heat if needed to heat the soup back up and then serve immediately.
- If you want it to be just like Panera squash soup – add more brown sugar and/or honey to taste.
- This soup calls for two cups of apple cider, NOT APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. If you can’t find apple cider (sometimes it’s hard to find if it’s not fall), use a natural (100% juice) apple juice. If you use vinegar by accident, your soup will NOT turn out and will definitely NOT taste like Panera’s.
Original Recipes visit: Copycat Panera Squash Soup @ rachelcooks.com
Thank you for visiting our blog. Hopefully the instructions for making Copycat Panera Squash Soup dishes above can be useful for you. And do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, as well as share it with all your buddies.