The production process is very easy, you simply require to comply with the methods that we have actually created on this page. The adhering to are the phases of just how to cook Coconut Lime Chicken.
Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken Breasts – a one pan, Whole 30 approved dish made with only a handful of ingredients. Dairy Free + Paleo + Gluten Free.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup red onion it came out to 1/2 onion for me, chopped
- 1 whole red chili chopped optional
- 1 cup organic chicken stock*
- 2 tablespoons lime juice about 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk from a can or coconut cream
- Pinch turmeric powder (optional for colour)
- 1 tablespoon arrow root starch for paleo/whole 30 or corn starch mixed into 1 tablespoons water optional
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic cling wrap and pound them down to make them even in thickness. This will help the chicken cook evenly and make for more tender chicken. Sprinkle each side of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat on the stove. Add the chicken breasts and cook each side for 5-7 minutes or until browned on each side. Remove the chicken from a skillet and set aside on a plate. The chicken doesn’t need to be fully cooked yet because you’ll be returning it to the heat shortly. Wipe down the pan with a paper towel to remove black/brown bits.
- Add a little more oil back to the pan along with the chopped onion to the same skillet and sauté for a few minutes to soften. Add the chili pepper if you’re using it. Sauté another couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock, lime juice, cilantro and chili flakes. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce down to a simmer. Let simmer for about 5 minutes to let reduce down. Add the coconut milk (and the turmeric if using) and bring to simmer again for another 5 minutes. Add the starch and water at this time if you’re using it. You may need to raise the heat slightly higher to bring this to a boil to activate the starch. Once the sauce thickens reduce it back down to a simmer.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, cover and let cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice with the sauce spooned over the top.
- Add an extra sprinkling of cilantro & chillies and enjoy!
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Press the sauté button on the instant pot and wait for it to heat up. Add the coconut oil. When the oil is simmering add the red onions and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes to soften.
- Add the chicken stock, lime juice, red pepper flakes, coconut milk and turmeric. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Stir and let simmer for a minute or so. Add the chicken breasts.
- Secure the lid on the instant pot and make sure the dial on top is set to ‘sealing’. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. (Press ‘Manual’ or ‘Pressure Cook’ to set the timer.) After the time is up the Instant Pot will automatically switch the keep warm. Let it keep warm for 10 depressurising on it’s own before releasing the steam valve.
- After removing the lid carefully remove the chicken breasts from the soup and transfer to a cutting board or a plate. Cut the chicken up into small pieces.
- With the lid off and the chicken out press the ‘Sauté’ button again. Bring the sauce to a boil and add your starchy water to thicken. Once it begins to thicken turn off the heat and add the chicken back to the pot along with the chopped cilantro. Taste the sauce again to season with addition salt/pepper/ lime juice if need and enjoy!
Thanks for seeing our blog site. Ideally the instructions for making Coconut Lime Chicken recipes above can be helpful for you. And also don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, and also share it with all your close friends.tn
Originally posted 2018-02-15 13:59:54.