Hello, welcome to our recipe blog. Below you can obtain an overview on exactly how to make extremely tasty Christmas vanilla roll cake recipes. The production procedure is extremely easy, you just require to comply with the approaches that we have actually composed on this web page. The following are the phases of how to prepare Christmas vanilla roll cake. Please comply with the guidelines well.
This spiral cake has always caught my attention. Although it carries different names depending from country to country, I find roll cakes prettier than a layer cake. Plus, not to mention they are so much easier to make. My love for roll cake grew with every roulade (that’s how we call it in Romania) my mom made, mostly around the holidays.
A simple vanilla roll cake with red and green dots and spirals of creamy buttercream is the perfect dessert for Christmas parties.
Vanilla Roll Cake
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (30 grams) sifted cake flour
- 3 tablespoons (30 grams) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup red & green Wilton batter bits or edible confetti
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups (360 grams) powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp red & green sprinkles
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 teaspoons heavy cream
- 4 oz white chocolate
- red & green sprinkles
- Heat the oven to 450F.
- Line a 17X12 jelly/sheet pan with parchment paper . Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the 2 eggs, 3 egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on medium to high speed around 5 minutes until pale in color and thickened. Add the vanilla extract and beat few more seconds.
- Sift the flour and the cornstarch over the egg yolks mixture and with a spatula gently fold it in.
- Fold in the batter bits as well.
- In a separate grease-free bowl, add the 2 egg whites and 1 tablespoon of sugar. With a whisk, whip until firm peaks form.
- With the spatula, fold the whipped egg whites into the egg yolks mixture.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan, spread it evenly and bake for 6-7 minutes until golden brown and, when touched, it springs back.
- As soon as you remove the cake from the oven sprinkle with powder sugar and then invert the cake onto a clean dish towel. Remove the parchment paper, sprinkle with more powder sugar, and roll up the cake with the towel. Place on a wire rack to cool
- In a clean bowl add the butter. With the whisk attached on to the the mixer whip the butter for 2-3 minutes on medium to high speed.
- Lower the speed and slowly add the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time.
- When all the sugar is incorporated increase the speed and whip for 2 more minutes.
- Add few drops of heavy cream until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- With a spatula fold in the sprinkles.
- Gently unroll the cake and spread the buttercream evenly all over it.
- Roll it again and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- To decorate, melt the white chocolate in double boiler or microwave and pour it over the cake. Add Add more sprinkles (optional)
- Let the chocolate settle for few minutes and slice the cake.
Thank you for seeing our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Christmas vanilla roll cake dishes over can be useful for you. And also do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and share it with all your buddies.tn