Hey there, welcome to our recipe blog site. Below you can get a guide on how to make really delicious Chocolate Coconut Cake recipes. The manufacturing procedure is really easy, you just need to adhere to the techniques that we have composed on this web page. The following are the stages of just how to cook Chocolate Coconut Cake. Please comply with the directions well.
A thick chocolate run glaze is smoothed over the top of the cake and runs down the sides adding character and more chocolate flavor.
This recipe may sound complicated, but trust me, it’s actually really simple!
US Cups – Metric
For the cake
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 and 1/2 cups canned coconut milk
For the filling
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
For the frosting
- 1 recipe coconut buttercream frosting
For the glaze
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Make the cake
- Heat the oven to 325°F. Spray 3 8-inch round pans with nonstick spray. Line the bottoms with parchment paper cut into a circle to fit the pan. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray and dust the pan lightly with cocoa powder. Tap out any excess and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a whisk and set aside.
- Add the chocolate to a small heatproof bowl and set it over a pot of barely simmering water. Stir continuously until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla. Add the cocoa powder and melted chocolate and mix until well incorporated. With the mixer set to low speed. gradually add half the flour mixture, followed by the coconut milk, and then the remaining flour mixture. Beat just until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans. Use an offset spatula to spread the batter all the way to the edges of the pan and smooth out the surface. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few dry crumbs. Cool the cake in the pans for 10 minutes, then invert the cakes onto a wire rack to cool completely. Peel the parchment paper off the bottoms before filling.
for full instruction please see: www.bakedbyanintrovert.com
Thanks for visiting our blog site. Hopefully the directions for making Chocolate Coconut Cake recipes over can be beneficial for you. As well as do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your friends.
Originally posted 2017-11-23 04:14:33.