The manufacturing process is really easy, you just need to adhere to the methods that we have created on this page. The following are the stages of just how to cook Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe.
Corn tortillas come in different varieties. The sturdy yellow corn tortillas will have more flavor, and hold up better in this casserole, but they do require “softening” or cooking in a little oil before layering. If you use tender white corn tortillas, you may not need to soften them.
Yield: Serves 8
1 1/4 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander seeds
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 14-oz can refried pinto beans (or you can make your own refried beans)
2 medium onions, chopped, about 2 1/2 cups
1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped, about 1 cup
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 28-oz can crushed or diced tomatoes, preferably “Fire Roasted”
1 7-oz can diced green Anaheim chiles
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
12 corn tortillas (choose sturdy tortillas mad with yellow corn)
2 cups coarsely grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 8 oz)
2 cups coarsely grated mild cheddar cheese (about 8 oz)
- Brown the ground beef: Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan or cast iron frying pan on medium high heat. Add the ground meat, breaking it up as you add it.
- Sprinkle with salt. Sprinkle on the chile powder, cayenne, cumin, and coriander. Increase the heat to high. Add another 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Do not stir the meat unnecessarily. Allow the meat to brown on one side, and then stir it so the other side can be browned.
- As soon as the meat is browned, remove the pan from the burner. The meat will continue to cook in the heat of the pan.
- Once you are sure that the meat is cooked through, use a slotted spoon to remove the meat from the pan to a bowl. Set aside.
- Visit simplyrecipes.com for full directions.
Thank you for seeing our blog. Hopefully the instructions for making Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe recipes above can be helpful for you. And also don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, and also share it with all your close friends.tn