The manufacturing process is extremely easy, you just require to follow the methods that we have composed on this page. The adhering to are the phases of just how to cook Cauliflower Tots.
They can be added to so many great recipes to bulk up ordinary dishes, as seen in this heavenly tater tot ranch pizza mash-up.
But in an exclusive video below, we share a simple recipe for a lighter, healthier version of the classic snack: delectable, fresh cauliflower tots!
Last year I fell in love with zucchini tots, and since adapted the recipe using cauliflower instead during the colder months when zucchini isn’t in season. I also had issues with them sticking to my mini muffin pan, and found making them on a non-stick baking sheet the perfect solution. My older daughter loves these, but my toddler still prefers to eat her vegetables raw (go figure!). I’ve also made broccoli cheese tots, they turned out great!
Only five ingredients are needed to make the tots, and, after they’re baked, you’ll get to enjoy their crispy, cheesy perfection. If you’re looking for a fast and simple way to get your groceries delivered so you can spend more time actually doing the cooking you love, Fresh Direct is a fantastic option.
Check out the recipe below to see just how easily you can whip up these healthy, yummy tots, then view the complete tutorial in the video.
Will you be trying your hand at this amazing, simple recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup small diced onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely ground breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a nonstick baking sheet liberally with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets to the water and cook them just until fork tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Thoroughly drain the florets and transfer them to a food processor. Pulse the cauliflower for a few seconds just until the it breaks down into small pieces (about the size of grains of rice). (Do not overmix the cauliflower or the mixture will be too wet to form.)
- Measure out 3 packed cups of the cauliflower and add it to a large bowl. (See Kelly’s Notes.) Stir in the diced onion, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing until thoroughly combined. (The mixture should be roughly the consistency of mashed potatoes.) Using your hands, scoop up 1- to 2-tablespoons of the mixture and mold it into a tater tot shape. Place it on the prepared baking sheet and repeat the shaping process with the remainder of the mixture, spacing the tots about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the tots for about 20 minutes then flip them and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until crisped. Remove and serve with ketchup, pesto, hummus or your preferred dipping sauce.
- The onion should to be cut small enough so that it’s not too chunky and can be easily mixed into the cauliflower mixture.
- Any extra puréed cauliflower can be turned into my go-to mashed potato substitute, Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese and Chives.
Thanks for visiting our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Cauliflower Tots dishes over can be beneficial for you. And do not forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, as well as share it with all your close friends.