Hi, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can obtain a guide on just how to make really delicious Caramelized onion mushroom and swiss cheese melt recipes. The manufacturing process is extremely easy, you just need to comply with the methods that we have actually created on this page. The complying with are the phases of just how to cook Caramelized onion mushroom and swiss cheese melt. Please adhere to the instructions well.
An easy sandwich to put together but the flavors will make it seem as if you spent all day making it! The caramelized onions bring a sweet and unique flavor that helps make this sandwich irresistible! Get this caramelized onion, mushroom, and swiss cheese melt.
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 large onion, sliced into half circles
- 5 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 4 slices thick of bread (Italian French, sourdough, or your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tsp. of vegetable oil. When oil is hot, add the onions and 1/2 tsp. of salt and cook until dark brown in color and softened. Halfway through, you’ll want to turn down the heat to medium heat. Caramelizing onions will take about 20-30 minutes. If you notice that your pan is getting slightly dry, adding a tablespoon of water will help the caramelizing along. The water should sizzle and quickly evaporate. You’re not trying to have the water stay in the bottom of the skillet while cooking the onions.
- When the onions are caramelized, remove from skillet and place in a bowl. Add the remaining 1 tsp. of vegetable oil to the skillet and add the mushrooms and remaining 1/2 tsp. of salt. Cook the mushrooms until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet; keeping the liquid that has accumulated in the skillet.
- Preheat broiler in oven.
- Take the room temperature butter and butter both sides of bread. Place bread on to a baking sheet and place under broiler for about 1 minute each side. Carefully remove bread from baking sheet and on an even surface, begin to assemble your sandwich.
- Place caramelized onions on one slice of bread, then the mushrooms on top, then 1/4 cup of shredded Swiss cheese. Gently place on baking sheet. Repeat with another slice of bread. Place baking sheet into the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and place the remaining two slices of bread on top of each and gently press down.
- Slice sandwiches in half and serve!
Thank you for seeing our blog. Hopefully the instructions for making Caramelized onion mushroom and swiss cheese melt dishes above can be useful for you. As well as don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, and also share it with all your good friends.tn