The production procedure is extremely simple, you simply need to adhere to the approaches that we have written on this web page. The following are the stages of how to prepare Caramelized Onion Apple Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash.
Easy and healthy Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash packed with an abundance of sweet and savory flavor! Caramelized onions, apples, sweet Italian sausage, spinach and fresh herbs stuffed inside perfectly roasted acorn squash, then broiled to perfection. Paleo and Whole30 friendly!
- 2 small/med acorn squash cut in half lengthwise and seeds/strings scooped out
- 1 lb pork sausage casings removed if necessary, sugar free*
- 1 large onion or 2 small cut in half and sliced thin
- 3 tbsp ghee coconut oil, or other cooking fat (for caramelizing the onions) + 2 tsp (for sautéing the garlic)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium-large apple cored and diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the 4 acorn squash halves (seeds removed) open-side down on the baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until the top of your squash feels tender when gently pressed. You can always check them and continue to roast a few more minutes if they aren’t tender enough. Set aside after removing from oven.
- While the squash roasts, make the filling. Begin by caramelizing the onions (this process takes a good 20-25 minutes to really bring the flavor out!)
- In a medium skillet, heat the ghee or coconut oil over low heat and add all the onions, stirring to coat. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and cook over low heat, stirring every 5 minutes ago to prevent burning. Once onions have been cooking for about 25 minutes and are deep golden brown, remove from heat and set aside.
- Get Full Recipe => www.paleorunningmomma.com
Thanks for seeing our blog site. Hopefully the instructions for making Caramelized Onion Apple Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash dishes above can be helpful for you. As well as do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, as well as share it with all your friends.tn
Originally posted 2017-12-10 18:19:04.