Hello there, welcome to our recipe blog. Below you can obtain a guide on exactly how to make very yummy Cajun Chicken Meatballs in a Creamy Sauce recipes. The production process is really simple, you just require to follow the methods that we have actually composed on this web page. The adhering to are the stages of just how to cook Cajun Chicken Meatballs in a Creamy Sauce. Please comply with the instructions well.
Cajun chicken meatballs in a creamy sauce with tons of onions, garlic, peppers, and mushrooms. Serve these meatballs on top of egg noodles or with crusty bread and a salad. It is so delish!
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon low sodium cajun seasoning
- 4 cloves minced garlic, divided
- ¾ cup panko
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (plus more for serving)
- 1 ¼ pounds ground chicken (or turkey)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions (yellow or red)
- ½ cup minced red or yellow peppers (bell or sweet peppers)
- ½ cup minced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped basil, for serving
- Meatballs: In a medium mixing bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning, ½ the garlic, and all the other ingredients except the ground chicken. Add ½ teaspoon of black pepper and mix using a fork. The mixture will resemble a coarse breading. Add the ground chicken and mix until *just* combined. Do not overwork the meat. Roll into 18-22 meatballs. Mine were about 1 ½ tablespoons each.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs to the skillet but do not overcrowd the pan. Cooke in batches if they don’t all fit. Sear the meatballs for 4-5 minutes, flipping to brown all sides evenly. Remember you want to just brown the outside and not cook them all the way through. Remove meatballs to a plate. Repeat until all the meatballs are cooked.
- Sauce: Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan along with the remaining garlic and the onion and sauté for 2 minutes or until the onion begins to turn translucent. Add the peppers and mushrooms and continue to cook until the mushrooms and peppers soften, about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the flour and the remaining teaspoon of cajun seasoning over the veggies and push the veggies around the pan to coat evenly and cook for about a minute or until the flour starts to deepen in color.
- Stir the mixture as you pour in the chicken broth. Lower the heat, whisk in the sour cream until it dissolves completely. Allow sauce to come back to a gentle simmer before lowering the heat and letting the sauce thicken, about 6-12 minutes. When the sauce is halfway there, add the chicken meatballs and let cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil before serving.
Thanks for seeing our blog. Hopefully the instructions for making Cajun Chicken Meatballs in a Creamy Sauce recipes above can be helpful for you. And also don’t forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your close friends.tn
Originally posted 2017-12-30 22:14:45.