The manufacturing procedure is very simple, you simply need to comply with the methods that we have actually created on this page. The following are the stages of just how to cook Buttermilk Pecan Pralines.
Old fashioned candy is the best! I love surprising friends and family with homemade candy during the holidays and these Buttermilk Pecan Pralines are one of my favorites! Ultra smooth and creamy and oh-so decadent, it’s everyone’s favorite treat!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- Line 2 large baking sheets with waxed paper and set aside.
- In a large (5 qt or larger) pot, bring the buttermilk, sugar, corn syrup, baking soda and salt to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture reaches 236F (soft ball stage).
- Note that the baking soda causes the mixture to foam and rise as it begins to boil so be careful.
- Once the mixture has reached the softball stage, remove from heat and stir in pecans, vanilla, and butter.
- Beat by hand until the mixture begin to hold it’s own shape. It will be thick and creamy. This can take awhile. It helps to have a partner in the kitchen to hand this task off to 🙂
- Once the mixture thickens, quickly drop by spoonfuls onto the waxed paper to. Let cool.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.
Thank you for seeing our blog. Hopefully the guidelines for making Buttermilk Pecan Pralines recipes over can be valuable for you. And don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, and also share it with all your friends.tn
Originally posted 2017-10-04 05:57:38.