Hi, welcome to our recipe blog. Here you can get a guide on how to make really tasty BANKETSTAAF (DUTCH CHRISTMAS LOG) dishes. The production process is extremely simple, you simply require to adhere to the techniques that we have actually created on this web page. The adhering to are the stages of how to cook BANKETSTAAF (DUTCH CHRISTMAS LOG). Please follow the directions well.
Don’t you just love desserts that require minimal efforts but are irresistibly delicious? No kneading or proofing required.
I certainly do. One of my favorite ways to make a quick and scrumptious desert is to use puff pastry, which is a staple in my freezer.
A few years ago, I made German Hausfreunde Cookies, which are essentially sandwich cookies with almond paste. And although there were a few steps involved, the result totally overcame my expectations.
Since then, I started using almond paste in my cooking more often and one of the recipes that has been especially popular with my readers is Banketstaaf which is Dutch Almond Pastry.
- 14 oz sheet puff pastry defrosted
- 10 oz almond paste
- 1 orange zested
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp flour
- Preheat the oven 425 F and cover a rectangular baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a large rectangle, 2 inches shorter than the length of your baking sheet.
- Cut the pastry in half lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond paste with the orange zest and knead until blended*. (See the notes regarding the almond paste)
- Divide almond paste into 2 even pieces and roll each peace into a log approximately 1 inch shorter than the length of puff pastry.
for full recipes please see : www.lavenderandmacarons.com
Thank you for visiting our blog. With any luck the instructions for making BANKETSTAAF (DUTCH CHRISTMAS LOG) recipes over can be valuable for you. And do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, and also share it with all your close friends.