The production process is very easy, you just require to comply with the approaches that we have actually created on this web page. The complying with are the stages of how to prepare AUTHENTIC HUNGARIAN WALNUT ROLLS.
When I first tasted them this Christmas, I knew these Walnut Rolls (or, as they are also called, Nut Horns) should not be restricted to Christmas to compete with the Gingerbread Boys, Snowballs, or Molasses Spice Cookies. No, no. They are waaay too special for that.
For the Pastry:
2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar for rolling
For the Walnut Filling:
½ pound freshly ground walnuts (finely)
1 cup sugar
½ cup of boiled milk
1/8 cup melted butter
- To make the Walnut Filling:
- Mix filling in a medium bowl using only ¼ cup of the boiled milk. The mixture should be thick.
- If the filling is not spreadable, use the rest of the milk. I used all of it. It will thicken as it sits.
- Note: You can make the filling ahead of time and freeze it until you are ready to use it. Just thaw at room temperature when you are ready to use.
- Get full instructions : americanheritagecooking.com
Thank you for seeing our blog. Ideally the guidelines for making AUTHENTIC HUNGARIAN WALNUT ROLLS dishes over can be helpful for you. And also don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, as well as share it with all your pals.